Friday, January 18, 2013

In the Beginning...

Well, I meant to blog and update you the 15th of the month on my progress but that just didn't happen so I'm 3 days late. It's January 18, 2013 and here is a little update on my progress so far this year:

"In the Beginning"

After another mentally exhausting week at work, I am happy to report 18 days after getting back on my Lifestyle Plan on Jan. 1, 2013, that I have lost 12 pounds. Other than being more stressed than normal from my ever-growing workload, I feel good. As I told you the first of the year, I am preparing and eating fresh meats, vegetables and fruits, cutting out as much processed food as possible, cutting out sugars, watching portion sizes, walking on the treadmill and get back into my Wii boxing and Wii Zumba fitness (I love playing while exercising). I am not taking diet pills, just a multi-vitamin, B12 and drinking lots of water, water, and more water. I keep reminding myself that God made me in his image and I am uniquely and wonderfully made.; I am realistic and have set realistic goals. My goal is feel better in my own skin and maintain my weight loss so I don't have to start back here again in the future.

I know many of you set goals and started something new or have gone back to a specific program, plan or exercise routine that works for you this new year and I wish you all luck in whatever you are doing. Praying whatever plan or program you are doing works and you are achieving your goals as well!

If you are a reader, you know the first chapter of the book sets the stage and introduces many of the characters of the book, well Genesis is "The Beginning" and sets the timeline and gives you historical data in this great book called the Bible. Today, I am reading day 18 in Genesis of my Kindle version of "Reading God's Story: One-Year Chronological Bible" just as I set the goal the first of the year to read thru this devotional one day at a time. It's a real page turner and hard to put down.

It has not been easy, especially with my stress level at work, but I have to say I am pleased with my results so far and pray I can continue to achieve my goals and feel better doing it.

I will update you again the first of February with my January results.

Saying a little prayer for you now; good night my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment