Saturday, October 22, 2011

Back to the Basics

Life has a way of getting busier and busier and over a short amount of time I found myself off my plan. It's time to get back to reading my daily devotionals and get back on my lifestyle plan. I know better but let the various situations in life take control rather than being committed to myself and my goals. It's time to get back to the basics!

Thursday of this week Terry & I along with Jen & Geoff officially started the Lifestyle Plan as couples so we can encourage one another to reach our goals, make healthy choices and feel better. Once we meet our goal, our reward is a cruise together. We think that is a win, win for all. My husband has been on blood pressure medication for several years and now he is going the herbal route and with that he needs to get in shape and make healthy food choices so he can prolong his life. We all have something that is driving us to be better, do better and make better choices.

I'm personally miserable and have to make the right choices for my life that includes making healthier choices, making myself eat small portions 4-5 times a day, remembering to take my daily vitamins and get moving to keep my metabolism up, I have no natural metabolism. I've been busy but down in the dumps about the job situation. We are not going to be able to make it if I don't get a full time job soon. With the downturn in the economy, after being laid off in Destin, I found myself working 4 part time jobs and I literally ran myself into a physical stew-per and can't do that again. My feet and legs still have not recuperated from all the work I did on my feet for the past couple of years. I’m praying for a full time job offer with benefits in the near future and hope you will pray for me as well.

Jen & Geoff recently married and want to start their marriage off right with the lifestyle plan so they will be healthy for life!

So as we embark on another adventure in life I am going to "Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say Rejoice" as I work my way back to a happier, healthier me! I have written recipes, planned our menus and already have tomorrow's lunch in the crock pot so I don't have to worry about cooking after church. It's Mexican Chicken Soup, very light, very healthy and delicious. I will share some of our healthier recipes with you over the next few days, weeks and months and let you know our Couples Plan Status.

Jen & I are having a hard time keeping the guys on plan, but we are sticking to it, we will see who the biggest loser at the end is. Jen suggested a Cruise Jar...$5 for every pound lost; $5 every time you cheat on the plan and husbands to match wives weight loss with $5 /per pound lost. This way we can earn our Cruise Fund while getting fit, eating healthier and reaching our goals.

Hope you have the courage to get back to the basics in your life if you have found yourself off your plan or not achieving your goals. My hope is that we can encourage each other with the power of prayer and friendship.

I've gotten back to the basics, how about you?

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment