Saturday, December 3, 2011

Praising God (especially when you think you can't take anything else)

The old saying "when it rains, it pours" comes to mind when I think of the past week. It's one I don't want to re-live ever again. I'm praising God and thanking him for renewed strength. Here's a brief look into my week...

My car died - officially as of last Sunday, time to look at replacement but new isn't in the budget so going shopping for a gently used SUV in the mean time and then maybe in the next year or so upgrading. With this said, Terry has been taking me to and from work for almost two weeks. This too is getting old. I like the independence of my own transportation.

My Mother has had uterine and bladder prolaspe since October and has he outpatient surgery postponed twice. An ultrasound showed irregular findings which turned into a D&C and Hysteroscopy (camera view), her BP has been very high so the cardiologist required admission and overnight stay at house. The "C" word has been discussed by the doctor prior to this week’s procedure but we won't know anything until the biopsy results come in next week. The good news is the Doctor said her uterus looking good considering the ultrasound results. If all is well and nothing contains the big "C" then she will be scheduled to get a bridge device to set things back where they belong. She is very uncomfortable and has lots of pain in the back and legs because of the 2 displaced organs. Please remember her in your prayers.

So I get home Thursday evening from being with Mom at hospital and the first time I've been home since Monday to find he needs to go to the ER with his heart. So off the ER we go at 9:30 pm Thursday, he is admitted at 2:30 am and his heart was in a-fib, irregular racing heartbeat. They were able to trip it back to normal rhythm with medication and we didn't get home until 10:00 Friday night.

I am praising God that Terry's heart is back in rhythm and that my Mom is home recovering. I am really praising God that I actually got a good night’s sleep last night, first time in 5 days.

Remember God never gives us more than we can handle, even when we think we can't take anything else; he is there for us to lean on and renew our strength. Today I am renewed and ready for a new adventure, hopefully one that does not involve a doctor or the hospital.

Have a Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment