Sunday, March 18, 2012

Ding-Dong - Psalm 34:8

Ok, so how many of you enjoyed an occasional ding-dong as a kid? I did and this week my Boss's wife sent a Ding-Dong Cake to work and I have to say it was amazing! It looked and tasted just like a ding-dong.

I remember when I used to visit my Grandmother she would walk with me down to Mr. Beek's store in her neighborhood and we would buy ding-dongs; Grandma-ma liked them too!

I thought I would share the recipe with you today. I can't wait to have an occasion to make this recipe one day soon.

Ding-Dong Cake
1 Box Devils Food Cake Mix (mix and bake according to directions)
1 Container (tub) of Chocolate Frosting
1 (8 oz) Cool Whip (thawed)
1 (4 oz) Cream Cheese (softened at room temp)
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Make cake mix according to directions; using 2 round cake pans for a 2 layer cake. Cool the layers completely and stack bottom layer on your cake plate. For the filling, mix the softened cream cheese (at room temperature) with the powdered sugar and then fold in the thawed cool whip. Put the filling mixture between the two cake layers. Place the top layer on top of the filling layer. For the topping place the chocolate frosting container in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir and then drizzle all over the cake so it will run over top and down the sides. Refrigerate Cake (I personally recommend you use the chocolate fudge icing (any brand is good) and you might want to get a 2nd container so you have plenty to cover the cake).

Psalm 34:8 "O taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in Him".

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment