Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pink Eye & Chicken Burritos

So I woke up today with pink eye. I have no kids and I am a hand washing, hand santizing freak...Shouldn't be contagious after tomorrow with 24 hours of meds.

When I got home from the doctor I went through the pantry and freezer and made chicken burritos in the crock pot. Easy recipe...just put a package of frozen boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins in the crock pot, add 1 can of rotel tomatoes, 1 cup sour cream and 1 package spanish rice. Cooked on high for 4 hours. Served on flour tortillas. A delicious and easy dinner!

While dinner was cooking and I was enjoying a nap thanks to Benedryl, the dogs went nuts and I look out and "Chance" a neigbors dog from the next neighborhood over, was across the street making his way to our house. When he gets out he always ends up at our house and I take him back home. He is a black/white boxer mix that was rescued a few months ago, he is still a puppy but so friendly and affectionate. We rescue him about once every week or so, but afraid that soon he will become the 5th member of our family... for now Terry or I always take him back home.

This is the day the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it (even with pink eye)

Have a blessed day! Try the chicken burritos they are delicious!

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment