Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sharing a Gift - Snickerdoodles

Sharing a Gift – Snickerdoodles

As you may have read in an earlier post how thrilled I am for my Better Homes & Garden’s Cookbook given to me by my dear friend Tammy Storms many years ago.

I used to make Snickerdoodles from this cookbook on a regular basis for the Storms boys as well as my CPI friends and coworkers when we would go out of town on events. I thought I would share the recipe.

Snickerdoodles:
½ cup butter
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 egg
½ tsp. vanilla
¼ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. cream of tartar
2 Tbsp. Sugar
1 tsp. ground Cinnamon

In a mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add about half of the flour, the 1 cup of sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Beat till thoroughly combined. Beat in remaining flour. Cover and chill for 1 hour.

Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Combine the 2 Tbsp. Sugar and cinnamon. Roll balls into cinnamon sugar mixture. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake on 375 for 10-11 minutes or till edges are golden. Cool cookies on a wire rack. Makes about 36 cookies.

Snickerdoodles are sure to put a smile on everyone’s face. 

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment