Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Perfect Roast Every Time

You know you've made the perfect Roast when you pull into the garage and smell it before you ever get out of your car!!!

This morning before leaving for work I put a Roast in the crock-pot and I'm so excited now to come home from work and have dinner be ready to serve.

The key to the perfect crock-pot Roast is lots of onions (fresh chopped onions, Campbell's French Onion Soup in a Can and dry onion soup mix package) and cooking it on HIGH in your crock-pot for 6-8 hours. If you try to cook a Roast on low, it may take a couple of days to get it good and tender and I love me some tender Roast.

I typically will brown my Roast in each side in my cast iron skillet then place it in a hot crock-pot (I drizzle a little Olive oil in the bottom so it won't stick). I add Cavender's Greek Seasoning to both sides of the Roast, place it in the hot crock-pot. Add 1/4 cup worcheshire sauce. Add 1 can of Campbell's French Onion Soup Mix. Add fresh carrots, whole peeled red or white potatoes, fresh chopped onions, 1 pkg of dry onion soup mix on top (today I added a 2nd can of Campbells French Onion soup because I had it in the pantry). Cover and cook on HIGH for 6-8 hours. The finished product is a very flavorful, tender Roast.

BTW, I love Crock-Pot cooking. This is new for me, I never liked it before but to put dinner in a pot and cut it on and 8 hours later come home from work and have your dinner cooked fresh, your house smelling like the spent all day preparing a delicious meal, is priceless to me. I have been cooking something in the crock-pot at least once a week for the past few months trying different recipes from the Ms. Skinny website (previously the Skinny Crock-Pot recipes from Facebook). They have delicious, healthy, low calorie recipes that anyone can make and have a great family meal. Check it out at www.msskinny.com. I have tried a couple of their Ms. Skinny Oven recipes as well, all delicious.

Well, time for Roast. Try my recipe, you will love it!

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment