Sunday, January 1, 2012

Thoughts on 2012

Happy New Year! 2012 is going to be great year. I know many of you, like me, make New Year’s resolutions and in most cases don't follow through with those resolutions. So this year in lieu of setting resolutions, I am setting achievable goals for myself and our family.

We are writing down our goals and posting them in our home. We are setting milestones along the way so as we achieve a goal we can reward ourselves and more forward to achieve the next goal.

Something I started a while back that I recommend that you do is sit down and plan your weekly menu ahead of time; it helps with grocery shopping and really helps you to plan healthier meal options. Use the internet to search for healthier meal options, you can get recipes from your smartphone, laptop, tablet or Kindle so there's no excuse.

Today, as we celebrate the New Year on January 1, 2012, I am cooking traditional foods like Black-eyed Peas, Cabbage and have Easy Rosemary Chicken in the crock-pot. BTW, if you have not tried Skinny Crock Pot, now called Ms. Skinny Slower Cooker on Facebook, you should take a look. They have delicious, lower calorie recipes that are so easy to make for your crock pot so when leave for work in the morning, your dinner is ready when you get home or for busy Moms, you can let the crock pot do your cooking giving you more time during the day to do what more of your to-do list or give you more time for you.

I always add chicken broth, onions, a teaspoon of sugar and Cavender's Greek Seasoning to my cabbage as it boils. I add the same thing to my black-eyed peas as they simmer on the stove. If I have bacon, I add a little bacon to both but today we have no bacon so just using the above. I boil my cabbage and black-eyed peas for about 1/2 hour on med-high heat, then cover and simmer for several hours.

Wishing you and yours a healthy, happy 2012!!!

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment