Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Did you know....in 94 days?

Did you know that as we are thinking of fall festivials, Halloween costumes, hay, mums and pumpkins for the front yard, that Christmas is only 94 days away?

Oh my goodness, I haven't decided what we will be giving this year as gifts. I don't know about you but I love to make home-made treats for friends and family, just a little something sweet along with the recipe to share with others. Christmas is time of celebration to me and my family, it's not about the gifts or how much you spend, it is a celebration of the birth of Christ.

We also will give to families in need during the holiday season. Terry has always found families that are in need and we work with our co-workers to provide Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinners for them. I am sure we will do the same here in Jackson. It is such a blessing to help others especially in their time of need.

With all of that said, it's time for me to put my creative hat on and start to think of what we would like to share with our family and friends this holiday season. I have a couple of thoughts on that but need to talk with Terry before I start working on our christmas gifts. Now, when I say home-made let me clarify, I don't make tacky gifts, I've given Family Cookbooks (with family recipes), decorative boxes filled with delicious homemade christmas cookies and candies, personalized stationary, note cards and address labels, decorative bottles with fragrant bath salts and products, painted pictures, etc.

Time to think outside the box and see what I can come up with in the next 94 days.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment