Thursday, September 29, 2011

Renewing your Strength

The Lord put in on my heart to share with you and invite you to take a few minutes for yourselves today. Life continues to get busier but your mind, body and spirit need renewing on a regular, daily basis.

Are you exhausted today? Are you taking pills or drinking drinks for energy just to get throught the day? Or are you on a nervous high and need something to slow you down? Perhaps what your body is crying for is rest and relaxation. Is there rest for anyone in this tension filled world?

Just as the disciples returned from a missionary journey, they were elated with their success. They gave glowing reports of how God had worked. Jesus was glad to hear their accounts, but he knew they needed physical rest after their journey. He invited them to come and rest with him in a quiet place.

We, too, need to refresh ourselves to maintain our physical and spiritual strength. Our schedules are demanding. They drain our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual life. I believe God plans for us to include times of rest and relaxation in our schedules. If the disciples needed rest, so do we.

"I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint." Jeremiah 31:25

As you think, how in the world I am able to take time to rest and relax with my busy schedule, it only takes a few minutes. Did you know 10 minutes of relaxation is equivalent to 1 hour of sleep; 20 minutes of relaxation is equivalent to 2 hours of sleep. You make take a few minutes for yourself each day, even if it's just a hot bath, light candles, close your eyes and relax for a few quiet minutes during your busy life. For others it may be reading a book in bed or getting a manicure or pedicure.

I have been given the opportunity to help you Relax, Rejuvenate and Renew. While seeking work, I went to a Bridal SPA night that my friend Jen won. During this one hour of relaxation I feel in the love the SPA products that were used on me. I have very sensitive, dry skin and I'm allergic to everything. These products felt wonderful on my skin and I had no reaction. I wanted to purchase some items but with no income it just wasn't in our budget since the move back to TN and about that time I got a call from Mother and she asked what I was doing and I shared my experience from the Bridal SPA with her, she said get the starter kit, I will get it for you, you deserve to have beautiful skin and you rarely find anything that you are not allergic to. That night, I bought the specially priced SPA Facial Starter Kit and a week later started my new skin regiment. Then I found out if I went to a 4 hour class on a Saturday I would receive a FREE Microderm Abrasion Set worth $150. Well I can give up a Saturday morning for free products. I was certified as a SPA Consultant that day and have been using these amazing skin care products ever since. My goal is to make extra money sharing these products with friends, family, coworkers, church members, etc. I believe in this company and these products and welcome the opportunity to share them with you.

I am not a salesperson and my DBT blog will not become a blog for simply selling products but I feel that we all need rest, relaxation, a few minutes to rejuvenate and renew our body, body and spirit. Reading God's word helps me renew my spirit, relaxing in a hot bath with a few drops of Detox Bath Soak helps me renew my body and enjoying a few minutes of quiet time with a warming green tea facial and cucumber nourishing eye pads help me renew my mind and skin.

Whether you have a SPA day with me or take time for yourself on your own, be sure to find a few minutes daily if possible to take time to relax, rejuvenate and renew your body, mind and spirit.

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40":29-31

If interested you are welcome to check out my webpage www.beautipage.com/scarletjenkins.

Have a blessed and relaxing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment