Monday, September 26, 2011

Simple Pleasures

Simple Pleasures... I just love the smell of a pot roast throughout the house. I put a roast on earlier and can't wait until it is done for us to enjoy this evening.

Roast, potatoes and carrots is the simplest one pot meal. You have options of cooking in a crock pot or in the oven. Today I am cooking mine in the oven so it will cook faster at a low temp. I season the roast, brown it on both sides on the stovetop to seal in the juices and it will naturally make some beef stock, then remove the roast, add my potatoes, carrots, onion, dry seasonings and can of French Onion Soup (Campbells) and 1 cup water, place the roast back on top of veggies, put lid on the stock pot and bake on 300-325 for 3 hours.

For crock pot roasting I also start on the stovetop to brown roast and seal in juices, make some natural beef stock then transfer to a hot crock pot, add vegetables, seasons and soup and cook for 6-8 hours depending if you are cooking on hi or low. Always delicious!

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment