Monday, September 12, 2011

Pantry Recipes

So today I went through the pantry, fridge and freezer to come up with our dinner tonight. Sometimes you just need to be creative.

I got out the crock pot, took two big frozen chicken breasts out of the freezer, turned crock pot on high, placed frozen chix breasts in crock pot, added a can or Rotel Original Tomatoes, Tomato Sauce, 1 cup water, 1 bag Spanish rice, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper. I let them simmer on HIGH for 2 hours, removed chicken breasts and shred them, put back in c/p and then turned it down to low the last 2 hours. I topped it with shredded cheddar cheese and we have Chix Mex as I call it. I served it with soft taco flour tortillas and we have enough for Terry to have some nachos tomorrow too. You could easily add another can of tomato sauce and some tortilla strips and make a Chicken Tortilla Soup with this mix.

I also took a container of frozen strawberries (thawed) and mixed with lite cool whip and 1/4 box of cream cheese and whipped all together with mixer. Took a bag of graham cracker crumbs, placed in a pie dish and added my strawberry fluff, placed it in the freezer and its easy Frozen Strawberry Pie. I didn’t really do any measuring so I will have to make again and measure to give you an exact recipe but you should try it.

Take a look in your pantry and see what you can come up without a recipe and let me know, I might try your recipe out one day soon!

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment