Saturday, August 13, 2011

Creamy Potato Salad - Easy!

If you are like me, you love cream potatoes, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, basically any hot potato but you may not be a big fan of regular cold chunky potato salad. Today, I made my Mother's Creamy Potato Salad and it is just delicious. I grew up with this recipe and my favorite time to eat it is when it's still hot! The flavors are enhanced after refrigerating but as a child, teen and adult if my Mother is making her Creamy Potato Salad, I want to lick the bowl and be the first taste tester while it's still hot.

Here's the recipe, try is and let me know what you think. It's my favorite Potato Salad recipe and it's super easy to make. It's one of those recipes you really can't mess up, it always tastes fantastic!

1 lb of Idaho or red potatoes, peeled and diced into small pieces
1 cup Miracle Whip (you can substitute Mayo)
1 Tsp. White Vinegar
1TBSP Black Pepper
1 TBSP Cavender's Greek Seasoning (I add a little more)
1/2 TBSP Garlic Powder
1 Tsp. Sugar
3 Eggs (boiled and finely chopped)
1/2 cup Onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup Green Bell Pepper, finely chopped
Paprika

Boil your peeled and diced potatoes for 30 minutes or until done, drain and set aside. While potatoes are cooking, mix together with a spoon your vinegar, black pepper, Cavenders, garlic, sugar and miracle whip. Once your potatoes are drained add to mixtures and stir by hand, it will be creamy. Add your finely chopped eggs, onion and bell pepper, lightly stir. Place in your serving bowl, sprinkle paprika on top and refrigerate until serving.

Bon Appetit!

1 comment: