Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Grandmother's Love

As many of you have read, i consider my Grandmother my rock. She is and always has been a very important person in my life. Since moving back to TN just over a month ago, I have been lucky enough to be able spend time with my Grandmother each week. Sometimes it's just an hour but lately it's been several days in a row and I am so grateful for this time.

I always LOVED spending time at my Grandmother's house. I asked my Mother, as an adult, why I spent so much time at Grandma-ma's house growing up, did she and Daddy take lots of trips or what? She said, well you loved spending time at Grandma-ma's. You always asked to go and visit and wanted to spend the night and wanted to spend weeks in the summer.

I encourage each of you to reach out to your family and grandparents, they love you. If you just spend a few minutes with them every now and then it will add a smile to their face and they will talk about it for weeks. Please ask your children or grandchildren to make them cards, letters, etc they will cherish them and look back on them when they are feeling lonely or sad and it will brighten their day once again. If you have single family members that are older, remember them as well, they may not have children or grandchildren to say Hi, I love you, I miss you, here's a special made card for you, etc. Just acknowledging them will make their day.

My Grandmother is fading each and every time I see her. Last night as we sat in her room, just she and I, she said "you know Scarlet, everything happens according to God's Plan, in His own timing, I think he planned for you to move back here and have time to spend with me right now. I am so thankful for Him and His timing". She is such a remarkable woman, even in her state of mind, she is thanking God. She never fails to tell me she loves me and thanks me for visiting and I never fail to tell her that I love her too.

I know God has a plan for my Grandmother. I know that soon she will be walking, running and skipping the streets of Gold. She will be pain free, will no longer need a walker, wheelchair, or even her ankle and knee braces. She will be wearing a smile and living in a mansion in heaven. Having just read "Heaven is for Real", I know she will be celebrating in Heaven with so many family and friends and she will sit with Jesus. I am so thankful for my faith and the faith of my family. I am praying for Grandma-ma to be pain free, lucid and content until she draws her last breath. At 91, I would love for her to live forever but know she will live eternally in Heaven.

Please join me in praying God's peace over my Grandmother, Dorothy Gertrude Walton Gatlin McDaniel today.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment