Friday, August 19, 2011

Who is in your heart?

Yesterday, I was watching Emily's two children, Jonah and Georgia while she attends a church conference in Memphis. Jonah is 2 1/2 and Georgia is 6 weeks old. Jonah told me he wanted to do arts and crafts (i.e. make something for Mommy & Daddy) and I suggested we learn a bible verse to go with our arts and craft project so he brought me his bible and we started talking. He told me Jesus just wasn't in his heart today. I asked him why and he said he's just not. So I read and sang Phil 4:4, "Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice", we drew pictures of a tree, birds, flowers and the sun and he said Jesus made all of these things. I asked him again if Jesus was in his heart and he said "nope, not today", so we talked so more, I read more bible stories from his children's bible and we had a time of worship, we both started singing while we worked on pictures for his parents. After his afternoon nap he ran into the den and told me that Jesus was in his heart now.

It is amazing to me what children pick up and learn from their parents, family, Sunday school class, friends, radio and TV at such an early age. Jonah has been memorizing and quoting scripture and singing christian songs for months. When his parents got home yesterday afternoon he sang his bible verse for them, only he said it was Phil. 12:12 instead of Phil 4:4, gotta love a child that can memorize a verse and song that quickly and sing it in tune.

Today, I ask you to think like a child, who is in your heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment