Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lifestyle Plan

Make a commitment today to change your life! It’s as simple as starting your Lifestyle Plan, making healthy food choices, making the decision to be good to your body and reaping the benefits full circle.

When you eat healthy foods, it can not only help you lose unwanted pounds, but your completion will be healthier, your energy levels will go up, and you will find yourself more inclined to smile and enjoy life.

In 2007, I had a life changing event. I had to have an emergency hysterectomy. Following my recovery and purging my body of all the hormones and medications I had been prescribed the previous years I made a decision to change my life from the outside in. After years of dieting, I sat down and wrote my 07-07-07 Lifestyle Plan. While on the plan I lost over 60 pounds, averaging 3 pounds a week, losing over 65 inches overall.  My family physician in Florida gave the Lifestyle Plan a thumbs up and was very impressed my progress. My skin looked beautiful, I felt amazing, had energy and was excited to start each and every day.  I followed my Lifestyle Plan for a couple of years before I allowed stress, working multiple jobs and life in general to get in my way. I fell off the Lifestyle wagon.  

Today, I made a decision to start my Lifestyle Plan fresh and new.  I’ve recently made a few modifications to the plan and very excited to start it up again. I welcome any of you to join me on the Lifestyle Plan. I will give updates on my progress. If you are like me, you don’t like having your picture made, you do not discuss your weight, what size you wear or anything personal like that with others and I will not ask you to do that either. I do ask for your own benefit you take a photo of yourself before you start the plan so you can have a before and after photo. I also ask that you measure yourself or having a family member, friend or medical professional take your measurements. You will be tracking your progress and I hope you feel confident to share your progress with me.

The Lifestyle Plan is simple; you eat 3 meals a day with 2 snacks. You watch your portions and eat fresh, healthy and delicious foods. There are no boxed mixes or liquid only meals to purchase. You eat real food at home or in restaurants. If you do a lot of traveling, not a problem, you can still stay on plan.

You will keep a food and exercise journal. Don’t be nervous, I am not athletic and do not do extensive exercises. I am not a member of a gym so I get my exercise in my home and neighborhood. You do whatever works best for you as long as you get your heart rate up every day and get moving.  You can walk the neighborhood, ride your bike, do WII or DVD exercise videos, turn up the music and dance or follow a zumba routine, just get moving for at least 20 minutes a day (more if you can).

Did you know you burn calories doing housework, loading and unloading the dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, etc.? There are many websites were you can get a free pedometer that you can clip to your waist and keep track of your steps. You will be amazed how many steps you take in a day from getting ready in the morning until you go to bed at night.

I will pass along recipes and you can create your own delicious meals on a regular basis, like Honey Mustard Chicken, Peppery Green Beans, Turkey Meatloaf, Mashed Cauliflower, Simple Salads, Mini Cheesecake desserts, etc.

I can honestly say I eat more while on the Lifestyle Plan than I ate before I started my plan. If you are like me, you need to maintain metabolism and the easiest way to do that is to feed your body on a regular basis even when you are NOT hungry with healthy, portion controlled foods.

My heart is telling me to share my plan with others so they can change their life, one bite at a time.  Email me at sjnx10@gmail.com if you are interested in receiving The Lifestyle Plan program. I will email to you at no charge.

Join me and make a commitment to make a Lifestyle change that is achievable. I am back to Day 1 tomorrow, Monday, August 22, 2011 and can’t wait to get started. I will keep you updated on my blog so stay in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment