Do you SHINE?
1. to give forth or glow with light; shed or cast light.
2. to be bright with reflected light; glisten; sparkle.
3. (of light) to appear brightly or strongly
4. to be or appear unusually animated or bright, as the eyes or face.
5. to appear with brightness or clearness, as feelings.
1. a characteristic of a person, animal, place, object or idea.
Today I read a devotional on "Beauty" and it made me think about things. I asked myself do I Shine? I thought I would share this with you.
"We all have imperfections. We live in an imperfect world. Our created purpose is to let God's light SHINE through every facet of our being, expressing His colors and beauty through us in ways no one else can.
If you look at a ring under a microscope every day and you become very familiar with every flaw, you might be embarrassed by it. But that is not how God meant the beauty of diamonds to be seen. The beauty of a diamond is seen when someone else holds it up to the sunlight and everyone can see it sparkle.
We are created to SHINE with the light of God's creative genius. When you appreciate yourself in all your uniqueness, you will dare to hold your life up to the light. You will dare to live out the beauty you were created to express...cleaned and polished with the forgiveness of God." - Connie Neal.
I am inspired to SHINE in everything I do today and every day; how about you, do you SHINE?