Monday, August 15, 2011

What does"Family" mean to you?

What does "Family" mean to you? To me, the word "Family" means Love, unconditional love.  "Family" surrounds us at all times teaching us life's lessons, giving us the tools to make the right decisions or choices and invest in our well being, comfort and love. 
Today I am so thankful for my family. I am thankful for Christian parents that raised me in the church and allowed me the opportunity to hear the word of God, worship openly and see Christ through their eyes. I watched their walk with the Lord and received encouragement to make my own personal decision to follow Him as a child and continue my walk with Him today. We are all children of God so you are my brothers and sisters in the Lord. 
Your family dynamics may be different, I know that ours definitely is. My father passed away when I was 15 and my Mother never remarried. My immediate family are huggers,  say "i love you" and strive never to miss a milestone event in each others lives. Terry was adopted-twice and met his birth Mother and siblings as teen; he is very loved and due to his circumstances, part of a large family. His adoptive parents were Christians and raised him to know the Lord. He is so thankful to have had them for his first 13 years before they were killed in a car accident; thankful for another Aunt/Uncle that adopted him for his teenage years and thankful for his married family. We have so many friends that we call family as well as our church family from Memphis, Charlotte, Destin/Santa Rosa Beach and Jackson.

Family can mean different things to different people. Yesterday we spent the afternoon with our some of our family; Alice, Alicia & Sloane. We love you all very much and are so blessed to have you in our lives. 

My prayer today is that you love and appreciate your "Family" no matter if immediate, extended or inclusive. God loves you and I love you too!

"May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else just as ours does for you."   I Thessalonians 3:12

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment